Nob Hill Neighborhood Association is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting. All are welcome. Meet the new directors. Let your voice be heard.
- 5:50 pm. Meeting room open
- Nickelle and David play Celtic fiddle and guitar
- Join the Chat if you like.
- 6:03 Welcome
- Opening thoughts by Nob Hill poet Tony Hunt
- 6:10 Introduce directors
- 6:15 Introduce elected leaders
- 6:23 Breakout rooms begin
- In focus rooms committees
- share their work
- celebrate accomplishments
- collect input about work members would like
- if members would like to help
- In focus rooms committees
- 6:40: Return to Main Room
- 6:42 Treasurer’s report
- Establish quorum (20 paid members)
- 6:45 How we communicate
- 6:47 Members’ Survey
- 6:50 6 focus areas; All are welcome on committees
- Sign up for NM Register of Cultural Places plaque, drawing Oct. 8; Link: email@example.com
- Volunteering: The more who engage the more we can accomplish
- 7:00 Election of directors
- –Tonight is when we elect directors who lead our association’s work.
- –We can have up to 15 directors. 7 directors elected last September will continue to September 2021. Tonight we can elect up to 8.
- –This service takes a minimum of 4 hours a month for board meetings and meeting prep plus the work you would do if you join one or more of the committees that do the work in our 6 focus areas. Our bylaws require that you be a paid up member before being elected.
- Introduce members who have submitted their names before tonight’s meeting. 30 second introduction and statement of their interests on the board.
- –Take names from the floor.
- –Treasurer qualify nominees
- –Vote on directors
- Recognize members who distribute newsletters
- –Announce directors…
- 7:10 Drawing for trees from Rehm’s; must be present to win.
Two weeks ago I emailed you about our association’s annual members’ meeting. We have since realized that the night we were aiming for is the same night as the first presidential debate. We know many want to participate in both events. We are postponing our annual members’ meeting 24 hours to Wednesday, September 30 at 6 pm.
Planning for this Zoom meeting is coming along well. One feature we plan are breakout rooms for our 6 FOCUS AREAS where you can hear about matters of particular interest to you and share your ideas.
I am again asking your attention to 2 jobs.
MEMBERSHIP. Many members renew membership and pay dues for the coming year at the annual meeting. That will not be possible. So please go to http://www.nobhill-nm.com/about-the-nhna/membership/ today and pay with PayPal or copy the form on the back page of your Fall Nob Hill Newsletter and send it along with your check to our PO Box. Volunteers have delivered 3,000 newsletters. You can also see the Newsletter at http://www.nobhill-nm.com/about-the-nhna/newsletter/ Many have done this the last two weeks. To you I say THANK YOU!
In order to vote at the annual members’ meeting you need to be a paid member before the meeting and Treasurer Paulette Mastio needs time to get your check from the post office. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
We print 600 extra newsletters so please contact us if you have conduits for getting them out to area businesses.
CONSIDER JOINING THE BOARD. This meeting is when we elect a board of directors who lead our association’s work for the next year. Our bylaws permit up to 15 directors. 7 directors elected last September will continue until September 2021. Four neighbors have expressed interest in serving. If you are willing to serve a 2 year term you can reply to me or to all or nominate from the floor at the annual meeting. This service takes a minimum of 4 hours a month for board meetings and meeting prep plus the work you would do if you join one or more of the committees that do the work in our 6 FOCUS AREAS. If you are willing to serve in this way your dues must be paid before the annual members’ meeting. Our bylaws require that you be a paid member before the election.
Thursday, Sept 3, Zoom
All are welcome. Let your voice be heard. Neighbor input is first item on the agenda.
Zoom invitation will be sent to email list at www.NobHill-NM.com
See agenda under EVENTS